Happy Father’s Day! – From Breadwinner to Care Giver and so Much More!
Bob Dylan said it best in his 1960’s song, “The times, they are a changing” and nothing signals this change more than the family unit. Mothers no longer stay home when they have children, approximately two-thirds of mothers with young children work outside of the home. Grandparents are retiring later so they cannot look after their grandchildren while the parents work, and fathers are working a national average of 50 hours a week, cutting into their need time for childcare.
Fathers are more involved and spend more quality time with their children than ever before. They have gone from “Breadwinners to Caregivers” in less than two generations. While they are spending more time to become involved in their child’s life, over 50% of all fathers in a two-parent family have no significant involvement at their child’s care centre and that number jumps to 82% when the father does not live with the child.
With Father’s Day just around the corner, what can we do to help fathers become more involved in their children’s early childcare education? Here are some suggestions:
- Check all your records and forms. Are there spaces for both parents’ names, both parent’s emails and telephone numbers?
- Are both parent’s names on all your communications to the family?
- Communicate directly with the fathers. If you have never met the father, send him an email asking him to visit the daycare.
- Try and schedule some activities around the after-work hours. This way the fathers will more likely be able to attend.
- Show some appreciation for the fathers. Have the children do special projects to give to their dads to show them that they care.
Esikidz.com childcare software has developed an incredible tool to help both parents become involved in their early childhood care and education. Our new and improved Parent Portal is just the tool to help parents become involved with their child care.
If you would like a demonstration and a 30-day free trial of our revolutionary childcare software, please visit our website at www.esikidz.com childcare software, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 778-552-7133
Happy Father’s Day on June 20, 2021